Sore throat: causes, treatment03/12/2018
Sore throat may be caused by infectious and inflammatory diseases of the throat, and systemic diseases of the body.
Causes of sore throat
Sore throat can occur with many inflammatory and not inflammatory diseases. The first group of acute respiratory viral infection, pharyngitis, laryngitis, nasopharyngitis, and others. The inflammatory process usually occurs on the background of bacterial infection of the pharynx. If these diseases are not treated, the infection can spread to the lower respiratory tract. To avoid this it is recommended to go to the doctor when the first symptoms of sore throat.
To the group of non-communicable diseases that cause this symptom are:
- The violation of innervation of the pharynx (pharyngeal neurosis). Violation of the nervous system of the pharynx is observed with the defeat as the nerves that Innervate the throat and centers of the brain. As a rule, in the neuroses of the pharynx, in addition to the sore, there is a multitude of other symptoms: numbness, tingling, feeling of a lump in the throat, pain, a irradiating in the tongue or the ears, sensation of pressure in my throat. In addition, the patient may experience disturbances in the muscular apparatus of the pharynx, which leads to difficulties swallowing.
- Allergic reactions. Allergies can manifest in various ways, including a sore throat. Often, this symptom is noted in case of hypersensitivity to pollen, animal hair, dust and food. As you know, the best treatment for allergies is avoidance of the allergen. Try to completely avoid (or at least minimize) contact with the irritating substance.
- Occupational diseases of the throat. Representatives of some professions suffer from diseases of the throat most frequently. So, sore throat quite often worries teachers, singers, miners, metallurgists, slingers and other people who buy this symptom as a result of their employment. Frequent tension of the vocal apparatus, as well as constant exposure to the mucous membrane of the pharynx dust and high temperatures lead to hoarseness.
- Reflux esophagitis. This disease is characterized by reflux of gastric contents into the esophagus. Usually this happens after meals and leads to strong irritation of the mucous membrane of the pharynx.
- Thyroid disease. In this case, the sore throat often occurs with the appearance of tumors of the thyroid gland.
In most cases, the sore throat associated with infectious lesions of the pharynx, and the symptom disappears with the recovery of the patient. If the sore throat persists for a long time, then you need to consult a doctor. If this symptom occurs after eating in the lying position, you should consult with a physician gastroenterologist, because in this case there may be serious digestive diseases.
Treatment of sore throat
It is first necessary to accurately ascertain the cause of the disease, which occurs due to sore throat.
In inflammatory diseases of the throat are appointed by local antiseptics in the form of tablets, lozenges, inhalations or sprays.
In the presence of severe bacterial infection, the appropriate use of local antibiotics. Also effective is the use of decoctions of herbs that have anti-inflammatory action. These can be infusions of sage, chamomile, calendula and eucalyptus, which are used for rinsing.
Readers ‘ questions Good day, my son(3.5 g) high-temperature, second day, today saw the pediatrician, and ENT: the diagnosis of angina 18 October 2013, 17:25 Good day, my son(3.5 g) high-temperature, second day, today saw the pediatrician, and ENT: the diagnosis of angina. But my concern is that the child complains of headache, with difficulty turns his head to the side. shows, what hurts still more to the neck on the right side. The question is, can a sore throat be given in the neck? Thank you. View answer Ask question
If the sore throat is caused by allergens, the patient is assigned antihistamines. The patient should avoid contact with the allergen, to conduct daily wet cleaning and get rid of items that accumulate dust (soft toys, thick carpets).
In neurosis and throat disorders in the gastrointestinal tract requires consultation with narrow specialists of a neurologist and a gastroenterologist respectively.
- CHRONIC TONSILLITIS: SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENT
- POLYPOID SINUSITIS
- AGRANOULOZITARNAYA ANGINA